We grow and live among a certain circle of friends and family, colleagues and neighbors, which majorly determines our understanding of being wealthy or poor, successful or not. One of the many positive characteristics that successful individuals share in common is a strong circle of influence. In order to achieve success, they realize they must surround themselves with individuals who have a growth mindset.
Did you know that on average, a person’s income strongly correlates with the income of their 10 closest relationships? This demonstrates the importance of developing strong connections. These connections can either guide us towards success or drag us down to mediocrity.
What Type Of People Should You Surround Yourself With?
To surround ourselves with successful individuals, we must first see what that looks like. Here are three qualities that you should look for whenever you are developing a circle of influence.
1. Positivity It is absolutely critical you surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook. Negative individuals tend to bring other people down, limiting success. You need to eliminate toxic people from your life, or at least make them influence you as less as possible. Finding people that inspire you, maybe those who you admire is a big step that will help to shift your own perception about success.
2. Growth Mindset What does it mean to have a growth-based mindset? It means a person is constantly looking to use successes, failures, and everyday experiences as growth opportunities. Individuals with a growth mindset are always striving to accomplish more, which is why it’s critical to surround yourself with these types of people. They always seek new knowledge, never stop learning, are open to new ideas and are willing to take a risk in order to attain their goals.
3. Ambition One common trait shared by nearly all successful individuals is an ambitious mindset. You should be looking to surround yourself with individuals who are not complacent. Instead, you must develop a circle of influence with a healthy level of ambitions.
How To Build Strong Relationships?
The next natural question to ask is “how do I go about developing these strong connections”? I would say, generally, if you want to make changes in your life you have to be open to new connections. Meeting new people, making new relationships will help to understand yourself better. Here are three ways that you can potentially develop these relationships.
1. Work This is very obvious; one of the best places to develop relationships with like-minded individuals is in the workplace. Often times, there are plenty of people who have similar qualities to ourselves at the workplace. Consider it a success, even if you strike a relationship with one or two people.
2. Online Platforms With so many online venues to connect with people nowadays, it is important that we use this platform to our advantage. Consider creating profiles on sites such as LinkedIn, social media sites, and others. Recently I wrote a blog post about my personal experience of finding a new circle of influence. I cannot stress enough how important the online community of like-minded people can be if you pursue an entrepreneurial path.
3. Social Events And Clubs Being able to connect with like-minded individuals in face-to-face interaction is an excellent way to develop sturdy relationships. Try finding a club, social event, or business meeting to connect. If you have a hobby find a club where people are interested in the same things as yourself, like painting, car modeling, or gardening.
How To Become A Successful Person Individually
Surrounding yourself with success-driven people is great, but how do you personally achieve success? I’m here to say that it depends on many aspects. The shift towards the positive changes in your life starts from changing your mindset. It is a very broad topic, which I will try to explore in many of my future posts however, here are a few quick tips to consider:
- Look at every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- Don’t let negativity derail your ambitions.
- Pursue what makes you happy.
Hopefully, you have learned that to achieve success, it is crucial to surround yourself with an excellent circle of influence.
with much love